Monday 20 May 2013

Sweat'n to the oldies



 For me theres no better better work out than pulling a double at the nursing home. It all started Saturday eveing when I was asked to work the morning shift for Sunday even though I was already on the schedule to work the same evening. I thought...meh more money and I'm helping out...had no plans for the day so why not ???
 Well, pulling a double is hard enough without having worked the night before. Especially when your not the type to turn in early as I am not !! But Saturday night when i got home I forced myself to get in bed before midnight...which wasnt all that hard since I was getting a migraine at just the thought of waking up at 4:30 !!
 Sunday morning I jumped outta bed at 4:45 with the suspicious feeling that I would be late. I grabbed one of my favorite scrub tops that i had tried on two weeks ago and peeled off immediately because it was too snug !!! However this particular morning i decided to try it again and HOLY MOTHER !!!! It fit !!! My first sign that this healthy reboot is actually working. Mind you I wasnt drowning in it but I knew I could get through the day without a button popping off or a tear in an attempt to sit down. So this was a mood changer, I was suddenly feeling very optimistic about my day. I pranced down the stairs and started bringing my morning shake to life....decided I would drink it at work with my morning smoke. I packed an insanely healthy days worth of food...lets see...my goody bag consisted of...
  • first morning break- bran muffin and some plain almonds
  • lunch- southwest salad, grapes and blueberries
  • pre-supper snack- sugar free jello and lemon water
  • supper- chicken ceasar salad..HOLD the BACON, small piece if blue berry pie no crust.
for the finale I splurged and packed myself a small ziploc of jalepeno chips. But i dont care...i love those chips and I dont want to give them up completely so a couple times a week I eat a handfull :) Most important I made sure to drink  ton of water...citrus infused of course but it kept me hydrated all day !!

So back to the sweating part....if only i had a pedometer, I would have loved to know how many steps these tootsies took yesterday !! I knew it was taking a toll on me cause I could feel the burning in my hips and by the end of the night I put the dew in mountain dew :s butt I dont regret it...yeah I was tired and maybe a bit delirious by the end but it was for a good cause and it gave me a run for my money. Do I want to do it again any time soon....probably not...especially if Ive worked the night before...thats the killer part. I am happy though that I was able to put those scrubs to use again...this hopefully means that at my end of month weigh in I will have something to smile about and maybe a reason to celebrate and buy a new scrub !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment